Thursday, June 2, 2011

He Loves the Language!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Halo Keluarga!
Apa Kabar!?
It is pretty crazy that I can now say that I will be on the plane if not in Indonesia three weeks from now! I am so excited!
But of course, there is much work to be done here! It has been another week of lots of work and what not! I feel bad because it seems like I write about the same things every week, but oh well, boring details will just have to be good enough for you! It really has been a great week, we are just keeping ourselves as busy as possible!!
The focus is more and more transferring from english studies of doctrine, teaching etc... to Indonesian studies of doctrine and teaching. It is pretty frustrating when we realize we have to teach one of the teachers, but we don't really know how to say any of what we plan to teach that day. That was the case yesterday, but we survived so it is ok.
There are huge changes coming this week though, our zone is getting 28 new missionaries tomorrow. It is going to be out of control! Elder Smith and I have been enjoying being the only people in our room, but unfortunately that is all changing as we will have roommates! But our branch president has really been stressing the importance of being an example to the new missionaries, 18 of which will be going to Malaysia (which speaks pretty much the same language as Indonesia), so it will be important to show them the ropes. Also, we are most likely not speaking any english in our room for the first few days just to drive them a little bit crazy! so that ought to be enjoyable to freak them out a little bit. The Malaysian sister missionaries that were here when we arrived tried to do it to us, but we are now about at their level of speaking when they left the MTC, so it will be far more enjoyable.
The weather down here has been typical spring weather, sunny for an hour, pouring rain for the next few, but i might as well get used to the rain now!
I wrote a letter to Hayden Richards the first Pday here and I got one back from him this week, he is hilarious! It was really good to hear from him though and he gave me some good advice! It sounds like he is just doing so well over there!
I swear like half of the guys in my BYU ward are here now, with a bunch more coming the next few weeks! IT has been really fun to see them though, just a little hard to remember to call them Elder!
It sounds like all is well in Boise though! Congrats to Jeff and Laura on the big move!! That is excellent! Hopefully all goes well with Dad's endoscopy!
I have finally remembered to give you my mission scripture! IT is a different one than I thought at first, but it really hit me when I read it last tuesday!
it is 2 Timothy 1: 6-10
Hopefully that isnt too long!

I love you all!
Have a great week!!!


I love you All

No comments:

Post a Comment