Wednesday, June 8, 2011

He's On His Way, June 13th!!

June 7, 2011
Halo Semua Orang!
Well... the flight plans have arrived:
we leave Salt Lake City at 830 pm on the 13th, fly to LAX, leave LAX at 1130, fly to Hong Kong, arriving at 530 am on the 15th. Then we leave Hong Kong for Indonesia and we will arrive in Jakarta at 1 in the afternoon! It is going to be one killer of a flight, but in a way I am looking forward to it.
I don't know how that will all work as far as calling goes... I am going to buy a calling card, and my branch president said I can pretty much call anyone in the family, just not talk for too long! So i dont know exactly how it will all work with those going to Chicago, so just send me a dear elder in the next few days letting me know what you want to do!
It is pretty hard to not be totally excited now, that is for sure, but there is plenty of work left to do! in the past week, and this upcoming week, we are teaching two "investigators" a.k.a. our teachers every day! It has been some very excellent practice. One of them is a Catholic and the other is Muslim, so we have gotten maybe a little bit of a taste of what religion the people over there will be! It is amazing how similar Islam is with our religion. They believe in Adam and Eve, Moses, however they believe that Jesus Christ was only a prophet, and not our Savior. The way they live, well at least they're supposed to live is very very similar to ours as well. It is like Preach My Gospel says, many people can be inspired to teach their people to live in a good way. but teaching has definitely been one of my favorite parts of the week.
The other thing that was awesome was on sunday, since it was fast sunday, we had mission conference. The main topic that I got from it was how amazing the First Vision is! It was awesome. The First Vision is something that really does set our Church apart, and it validates that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God, and that Thomas S. Monson is our Prophet now. The Bible also teaches the Our Father in Heaven calls His prophets through visions.
Hmm just to answer some of the questions you asked Momma, at times I feel good with the language but at times i dont. This week our teacher had us talk to one his converts in Malaysia on his computer. It was super awesome to talk to her, but also made me realize how much practice it is going to take to learn the language and speak well. But she gave some great advice to us and really stressed " Jangan takut berbicara" or dont be scared to speak! So I will definitely not let myself be scared to speak!
I have made some awesome friends here, especially with some Elders in our zone that just left yesterday for Madagascar. Two in particular are Elder Wilson and Elder Fryer who we have already decided we will be meeting up some time that first summer we're all back. We are going to try to keep in touch over the next two years two, it will be awesome to talk with them.
I think the hardest thing for me so far had just been the nature of the MTC, a ton of work all day, mostly in a classroom. Just in the past few weeks I have started to get really antsy to just leave and be able to teach real people, because usually the things we do just gets me so excited for it!
Hmm as far as the package goes, i really don't need much maybe a few packages of razors? And I might need to send my backpack home this week along with a few other things because apparently we are allowed only one carry on for our flight and the backpack will count as that, and also our teacher said we wont want a back pack over there because EVERYTHING will get stolen out of it. He recommended just a small side bag instead that you can walk in big crowds with and have it in front of you... I am not sure how I feel about having to carry a man purse, but oh well. I feel bad because the backpack is SO sweet, but I will certainly make use of it during school afterwards.
Well I am about out of time! So I just want you all to know how much I love you and I hope all is well. Tell Dad to start feeling better. And if you need to send anything/ tell everyone if they want to send anything to make sure it gets here by Saturday, otherwise I might not get it! Dont forget to let me know about calling on Monday night!
I love you all so much. The Church is True, and Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet of God on Earth today!

Love,
Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment