Monday, May 23, 2011

He's Speakin the Language!

May 17, 2011

Halo Semua Orang!
Apa Kabar?? Well things are going well here! We are just keeping busy busy busy! On saturday we taught three lessons in Indonesian which was pretty intense! However it is really helping my ability to hear when we teach like that. It is usally between 20 minutes to an hour of no English at a time! I am feeling pretty comfortable with teaching the Joseph Smith story, and I can almost answer pretty much all of the questions we've been asked by people so far during the lessons.
well, we had another Apostle come and speak to us on tuesday that makes 3 apostles out of the 4 devotionals we've had so far, maybe we will get number 4 tonight! Last week it was Elder Andersen. He spoke about the Merits, Mercy and Grace of the Atonement. It was a very excellent message!
I loved the pictures that Mom sent in her email! Those kids are so adorable!!! Make sure to give all of them a big squeezin from their favorite uncle!!!
And for the record, I am definitely the best Fifa player. There is no doubt about it, and furthermore I am the best Johnson at soccer, which really isn't much to brag about... I think you all would be surprised at how well my abilities are approving, but the real problem is that the shoes I have to play in are too small and thus destroy my feet. Sooo a size 10 and half in some sort of soccer- playable shoe will be one of my first purchases in Indonesia. Apparently every couple of p- days a lot of missionaries will reserve an indoor court for the equivalent of around 12 dollars total and play as long as they want. Sounds pretty fun to me.
But enough about the unimportant stuff! I am sorry that my emails are probably so boring! The weeks are kind of blurring together now and I don't really know what to write about! This past week I have really noticed a huge jump in the level of Indonesian we speak/ are taught during classes, it can be a bit of a headache after awhile, but better have the headache now than later. But the good news is we are on the downslope at the MTC, yet it definitely feels like more of an uphill struggle at times. I am really loving the MTC experience though, Our district has gotten to know another district in our zone, going to Madagascar, really well and the ten of us together definitely have a great time together and we all help eachother out. Three of the missionaries in particular, Elder Muai'i, Elder Fryer, and Elder Wilson have helped me out so much through their example of hard work. They are awesome and it'll be so fun after we've all returned to share experiences because I know they will have some powerful ones.
It always makes me so jealous when missionaries get to leave! We just had two districts leave, going to So Africa, Tennessee and Hawai'i. I don't get jealous because I don't like it here, I just really want to get over to Indonesia and start the real work!!
Well I hope you all know how much i love you and i hope all is going well! I guess I'll just share a little Indo with you all before I end it! It'll be my testimony if you're wondering what I am saying!
Saya tahu bahwa Yesus Kristud hidup! Saya tahu bahwa melalui pendamaian-Nya, kita dapat kembali untuk tinggal dengan Bapa Surgawi kita. Saya tahu bahwa Joseph Smith melihat Allah dan Yesus Kristus di Hutan Kecil dan dia menerjamahkan Kitab Mormon melalui kuasa diberi dia oleh Allah! Saya Tahu Bahwa Gereja ini adalah Gereja Yesus Kristus dan berisi keganapan Injil Yesus Kristus!

Saya Mengasihi semua anda!


Oh yeah, Mikey you big jerk! Write me and tell me what is going on with your life!!!! Love you bro!

No comments:

Post a Comment