Saturday, May 14, 2011

No way has it been a month!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Halo Semua Orang!
Apa Kabar?? Saya Ingin bagi Hal-Hal untuk menjadi Bagus bagi anda!!! Hal-Hal adalah BAGUSLAH di sini!!! Saya mengasihi kerja ini dan saya coba untuk bekerja dengan tekun!!!

iPD translation -
Hello Everyone!
What news? I Want to The Things to be Good for you! Good Things is here! I love this job and I try to work diligently!

Theres a little taste of the language... I dont think google translate works well with Indonesian translation so if it doesnt make sense through that, Dont judge me!
Things really are going excellent here though! We have just been busy busy busy with learning the language and teaching practice!! On friday we tried to go all day without speaking a lot of english... It was not as successful as we'd hoped but we still have a ton of things to learn before we can be expected to do it. On saturday we taught the first lesson completely in Indonesian! It was rough but what we've learned is the best way to teach is simple with lots of testimony in between! It is frustrating at times when we forget words or just dont know how to say what we want to, but things are coming along! Probably the funniest thing was that one of the elders in our district had a pretty bad mix up of words. To say the "fulness of the gospel" is "keganapan Injil". But Instead he said " Kitab Mormon berisi Kegalapan Injil"- The Book of Mormon contains the darkness of the Gospel. We gave him a pretty hard time for that one!!!!
Hmmm let's see, They finally did open the soccer field up! and we got two chances to go out and play and so far I have scored 4 goals. I have enjoyed playing on a team with this elder from Nigeria because we have a good connection as far as passing goes! To the surprise of all of you and myself, I am actually one of the better soccer players in my zone! I think all of the many hours of FIFA soccer have paid off in a high soccer IQ. haha but unfortunately it has been rainy so we haven't gotten to play anymore. I usually just play bball on those days or work out.
The food tastes good, but doesnt make me feel good. I am trying to shed a little weight before we leave, 5 pounds a week, but it is difficult when all I do is sit around most of the day!
As far as mission scripture goes, I have still not decided on one. But I am getting very very close! In fact I have it chosen, just I can't remember exactly which verses I want to use. It is in 2nd Nephi 4 though!!
Well sorry if this was a lame email... I am slowly sinking deeper and deeper into not being able to remember days because they blur together. I guess that's what happens when you've done the same thing every day for the past 4 weeks.
I am Halfway to leaving just about! But I am loving this experience so far, and it has been great to work hard every day and learning this language. I really feel like it is coming along and I know that the Lord has blessed me so greatly!

Saya mengasihi anda!

iPD translation - I love you!

1 comment: