Tuesday, May 3, 2011

What?? No Mother's Day Call!!!

I have to admit that I was prepared for the news that Kevin wouldn't be able to call home for Mother's Day. Does it make me happy...no. BUT I totally understand why and will look forward to the call he'll make as he leaves for Indonesia. I am so happy for him and that things are going well. I know he loves me and will be thinking of me on Sunday. The best thing he can do for me as his mother, is do his best and work hard.
I love you Kevin!



Tuesday, May 03,2011

Halo keluarga saya!
It has been one speedy week! Hopefully I can remember all of the good stuff that happened! But first some not so great news, I will not be calling home on sunday for Mother's Day, It is a bummer, I know but I will get to call on or around june 13th before i leave the country!!
Now for a recap of the week!
Elder Oaks spoke to us last tuesday!! It was really awesome. It is always amazing to be in the same room as an apostle and get to hear their words!! He spoke a lot about the importance of teaching people not lessons and to adapt preach my gospel to specific investigators. He basically said that if you are using preach my gospel and teaching the lessons exactly how they are printed you are not doing your job!
That was definitely the highlight of the week for me, so far I have been spoiled as far as the Tuesday night Devotionals go.
Um besides that the week was pretty language heavy! We had to prepare to teach for about 15-20 minutes in indonesian on saturday, and this saturday we are doing the entire restoration lesson in Indonesian! luckily I have memorized the vocabulary for the first 5 principles of the lesson, so I just need to get the last three down this week. I have found that it is more effective to memorize a few words rather than full sentences so I dont teach like a robot... Unfortunately I am still not totally great at hearing and understanding the language so if i am asked a question I just smile and say Ya. or just look at the person and hope they realize they need to repeat slower!
But my language abilities are really coming along quite nicely! Our district is actually going to speak only Indonesian all day on friday so that ought to be an interesting experience!
well Mikey will be excited and pumped to know that there are 4 missionaries going to Jo-burg in my zone!!! The mtc there is full so they had to come here! also we have this awesome nigerian missionary named Elder Odume in our zone going to Hawai'i. I talked soccer with him last night, and unfortunately he is a barcelona fan. But some new elder said that Real Madrid beat them recently so I was pumped. Hopefully they will open up the soccer field so we can go outside and play and he can make me look like a fool. my zone is really awesome though. I have gotten to be really good friends with the 5 missionaries going to madagascar along with my district and two missionaries who left yesterday for mongolia! They are awesome guys for sure!
That is awesome about the BSU players!!! Titus went early!!! Good for them, and that is really crazy about osama! I heard about it a little bit but not the part about us getting some intelligence from it. you will have to keep me informed on that! hopefully it wont mean that al qaeda tries to relocate further east in Indonesia or something... But i'm not too worried about it, Indonesia is full of the
nice muslims that are common throughout the world. There are very few radicals contrary to the the US media's beliefs.
That is great to hear about the baptism in the ward! It sounds like it was an amazing experience. and thats good you are going to feed Elder Zerbe! I told him that if he was serving in your ward I would make sure it happens!
Well I am about out of time already... the 30 minutes just flies by! But I love you all so much and I am loving this opportunity to serve! This Gospel blesses us in so many ways.

Love you all and have an excellent week!


p.s. tell mikey he needs to learn how to brush his teeth. hehehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment