Sunday, May 1, 2011

2nd Email...No I am not going to number them forever!!!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

well the MTC has switched up all of the missionaries'schedules so my new p day is tuesday! unfortunately I am guessing, well more hoping that you all were planning on emailing me wednesday in anticipation of me checking my email on thursday. If this is not the case and you were just not going to email me at all (mikey) then let me remind you who wrote you an email almost every week of your mission! I am only kidding of course!
Unfortunately I don't really have much to talk about except how bummed I am about this schedule change! we now have service at 615 am on thursday mornings and our gym time is at 630 twice a week. However one upside to the change is the focus is now on giving missionaries as many possible opportunities to teach lessons, so that will be helpful.
This week is going to be very hectic because we have to teach completely in Indonesian on saturday, and to be honest, I am excited for it but very nervous that i am going to have to do all of the speaking. elder Smith is not very comfortable with the language and I am not anywhere near comfortable with it either but if it is anything like our 15 minutes of practice contacting last saturday, he will maybe say two words... He is getting better though, he is just very shy about it.
There was a missionary here from Indonesia!!! His name is Elder Bench and he is serving in the California Arcadia mission. His dad is actually from Burley and his mom is from China and he was born and raised in Surabaya Indonesia. He speaks sooo fast. It is going to be so hard adjusting my ears and actually understanding the language at the speed most indonesians will speak it. But I assume that will just come with time and practice!
One awesome thing that has come about from the schedule change is that Elder Smith and I basically have a new companion. He is a solo missionary right now, meaning he is the only Elder in his language class. He is going to Mesa Arizona doing ASL! he has some disabilities that limit his abilities to speak but he is so awesome! his name is Elder Greer. He is very very smart and very talented. He blew our minds with his abilities to play the piano today, and he is just a hard working kid. He should be leaving for Arizona in a few weeks. The reason he is basically our companion now is that the schedule change put the ASL classes on the same schedule as ours, but his actual roommates no longer share the same schedule as him. He is going to be so great to be around these next few weeks, he is hilarious!

Well Sorry this email is kind of lame! Not much has happened between now and last thursday. Hopefully you all are doing awesome!
Mom and Jeff- I will be mailing you some letters today so be looking for them!

I love you all!
The Church is true!
sampai nanti!

No comments:

Post a Comment