Thursday, July 5, 2012

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 Hey! I cannot believe you all mentioned bacon.... It has been a long long time since I have had a real piece of bacon. I guess that's what I get for being in an Islamic country... haha Well it has been a pretty great week, a little bit stressful, really dirty (because it's Jakarta), but definitely rewarding! The best news is that on Sunday Hendry and his wife Novi and two of their kids came to church! It was kind of out of nowhere that they came, because we were not able to meet with them all week. They came late, but never late than never and this week we have had two awesome lessons and they want to come again on sunday! So it has been great to teach them, it is really fun too because they are from Manado, and it reminds me of my old stomping grounds! Thanks for the quotes and scriptures! They are great, and definitely reminded me of lots of things. It sounds like Maddie still hasn't quite grown out of being shy yet! that is so funny. I bet they are all so funny! Oh ya! Happy late Father's Day!! It sounds like it went really great. On sunday the sister missionaries' investigator was baptized, I got to baptize her which was a really cool experience. It still just amazes me that the Lord trusts us with the power and authority to perform such important ordinances as Baptism. I think it is such a huge sign of his love for us, as well as his trust in us that we can live worthy of such authority! Because it is such a holy and sacred power that is why it was removed from the Earth for such a long time, because mankind wasn't ready to hold it again. I am so grateful for Joseph Smith, and the Restoration and the truths that we have because of it. God really does love us and He really does want us to return to Him. I guess what I am trying to say is that the Priesthood is amazing! It is good to hear that Mikey is still doing the band thing! I look forward to being able to hear him play again, it will be super neat! That is crazy that Logan has been touring and what not, is Mikey thinking about touring at all?? So right now we are in Bekasi, another "suburb" of Jakarta which was actually the first city I served in when I came to Indonesia, almost exactly one year ago! It is amazing how much different it feels, but also how much it has not changed at all! It seems like just yesterday I was in complete culture shock and had no idea what people were saying or what was going on. Well Mom, I hope you are doing well with your new calling! I bet you are doing such a great job. I have realized here how important reactivation is! It is such an important responsibility that we have as members to reach out and help those that are struggling, and they really do recognize each and every effort we make! It always makes such a huge difference, even if it doesn't seem like it at first! Ok, my time is up! I love you all a bunch! Keep being awesome, and keep enjoying the summer, but don't forget to read your scriptures and pray! Sampai Nanti, Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment