Thursday, July 5, 2012

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 Hey everybody! Jakarta is still jakarta, crazy and busy... It has been a very quick week that is for sure. So about the house, it isn't THAT big, it is just throwing me off to have an "upstairs". I still just miss the tiny little house in surabaya, it was great and easy to keep clean. This week has definitely been different than most, in fact right now I am actually not in Jakarta but in Bogor, a little outside of jakarta. We are on exchanges. I am not District Leader anymore, but instead Elder Marsudi and I are serving as zone leaders for Jawa Barat, which includes jakarta, bekasi, tangerang, bogor and bandung. Pretty much every week we go out on exchanges now with one of the districts... Yesterday we had a meeting with President Groberg, the AP's(one of which is my old comp Elder Kujanpaa) and the other ZL's(one of which is my trainer ELder Marijanto). So it was super fun to see them again, especially Elder Marijanto! He is the best.. we had a good time remembering the good ol' times in Manado. I am not the biggest fan of exchanges and meetings, it kind of takes up a lot of time, but it is what it is... That is super sweet about the Baptism in the ward!!! And also way cool that Hayden is home! tell him hello for me! I miss that kid!! haha Also, way cool about the rededication, but I am a little confused what the cultural celebration will be... what exactly does Idaho have for culture?? hehehe just kidding, Idaho is the best. Do we know yet who will do the rededication? It is good to hear all of the kids are doing great! I bet they are growing and getting so big and funny! hopefully I have not been forgotten yet... As far as our area goes, we are trying to just find some more investigators to teach. We have taught this guy from Manado the past couple weeks, but he has been super tough. he is a seventh day adventist, so we have to deal with the whole sabbath day issue... He is kind of having a hard time receiving Joseph Smith, so that is the really big issue right now. The good thing is he loves the BoM and has read til the end of 2nd Nephi. I think he will come around, he is a great guy, and it is fun to throw out some bahasa manado with him every once in awhile. Earlier this morning we taught him, shared Ezekiel 37 with him, I have never realized how powerful that is until now! That is such a sweet prophecy about the Book of Mormon, I could tell it taught/ testified to him as well. So that was cool. Oh yeah, yes I have been able to go to the mission home, we go there once a week for district meeting so I have been using the soap and what not that I brought here. Unfortunately there is a ton of stuff that I did not need to bring, but I am holding on to it all just in case. Well, I don't have much else to say. I am grateful to be serving,as humbling as it often is. There's often days where I feel like I know nothing, but I am grateful to be able to learn and grow each day. The Church and Gospel are true! That one is for sure! I know is we faithfully obey the words of the Prophets we will be blessed with peace and happiness, and what else more could we need. I love you all! Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment